So we are here again about the purse. Your bags or accessories reveal your personality as a lady. How you carry your purse matters.
In this article, I will address your question about how to not carry a purse which will give you an idea of how to carry it properly.
Etiquette matters you know and especially for a lady. So you’ll get to learn purse etiquette among others and the kind of purses you may consider carrying if you decide to go one.
Table of Contents
HOW TO NOT CARRY A PURSE
While there is a proper way to carry a purse clutch handbag, below are 7 ways that aren’t suitable to carry a purse;
- How to not carry a purse is when you are not holding the handles of your purse in your left hand which should help you keep your arm relaxed and poised by your side.
- Do not let your purse hang loosely in your hand
- Not maintaining a straight elegant posture when carrying your purse is not a best practice.
- Do not hold your purse with two hands because it’s not a good way to carry a purse rather use one hand (especially when walking).
- How to not carry a purse is when you are not holding it at the front.
- Not hanging your purse from the crook of your elbow isn’t a good way of carrying your purse.
- It is advised to always clutch or grip your purse when carrying it, not clutching or gripping it is not a good way of carrying a purse.
Are you looking for the best purse alternatives? If yes, it starts with what you want to do, as you know a standard purse isn’t bulky and the compartments are sometimes limited, that’s why we don’t recommend a purse for travel but rather for dinner or other occasions
Below are 8 Purse alternatives that will meet your needs, some of these Purse alternatives have almost similar designs to a purse and can meet the same need of a Purse
THE BEST WAY TO CARRY A PURSE
1. You can carry your purse in the crook of your elbow
Depending on how your purse size or how it is structured, you can carry it in the crook of your elbow, and when you do so, you are putting priority on status and position, and this gives you value – it flaunts your prestige and authority.
2. You can carry your purse in your hand
When you carry your purse in your hand, it makes you look assertive, well-organized, and also efficient. This gives style more importance and it draws more attention to you and your outfit.
3. You can carry your purse in front of your body with both hands
This style of carrying your purse reveals the need to protect yourself.
4. You can carry your purse in the crook of your arm
TOMBOY PURSE ALTERNATIVE
We all know the definition of a tomboy, it simply means girls who act and be like what boys or men stereotypically do, it could be in form, language, and even more interesting with dressing, find below examples of purse alternatives for a tomboy;
This tomboy purse alternative is similar to the general or standard purse alternative mentioned above;
- Tote Bag
- Fanny Pack
WHY DO SOME LADIES NEVER CARRY A PURSE?
Some ladies are unladylike and carrying a purse appears to be unnecessary, so they stick with their very low maintenance style and start commuting to work like a man: they use sunglasses on their forehead, headphones in their ears, phones, keys, debit card, license, MetroCard and their emergency-only lipstick stashed in the front flap pockets of their jackets.
Some ladies also think that being purseless makes them more comfortable with their tomboys. No encumbrances.
WHY DO LADIES CARRY BAGS?
Generally speaking, ladies prefer to carry handbags because handbags contain most of the things they need for the whole day; things like electronic items: phones, laptops, etc They also carry make-up essentials, their body splashes, hand sanitizer, etc.
AT WHAT AGE SHOULD YOU START CARRYING A PURSE?
12 years upward is fine.
DO PEOPLE USE PURSES ANYMORE?
Yes, they do. I still do.
LIFE WITHOUT A PURSE
It is uncommon to find a lady who does not own a purse; the importance of purses cannot be overstated, especially when it comes to special events.
Purses bring charm and attractiveness to your fashion style; even men carry purses for various needs.
Finally, when it comes to the types of bags that every single woman should have, a purse is always advised, and I’m not sure how anyone could spend their life without a single purse.